Thursday, September 13, 2012

Thanks Nintendo?


So, I know this happened almost a year ago, but I've been playing a little Zelda today, and it got me to thinking about this new official timeline. I'm kind of disappointed that they even made one.

Game companies intentionally leave their fans in the dark about the simplest of things all the time, so why now, did Nintendo actually decide to do something nice for Zelda fans? I think it's too little too late. The disputed timeline has been a big Zelda topic for so long now, that it actually adds a really cool mystery to the series. I enjoy arguing over the original being chronologically the last, I like discussing the split theory, and now, well, that element is over.







That's not to say that I don't agree with the official timeline, although three branches is a weird choice. It seems to confirm what most of Zelda fans concluded on their own, so, it's safe to say, that if Nintendo had just released this in the first place, then it would have saved us all a lot of fucking trouble.



1 comment:

  1. I think it's great that they are releasing this timeline along with other information about the series. I don't think that the people who argued about what they thought the timeline was feel that there time was wasted. If they cared enough to do it, this will either confirm that their work was justified are maybe feel satisfied that the questions they had may well be answered.

    This also only explains the timeline up to today. When future games come out people will continue to speculate where on the official timeline these new games take place. That's the fun part of being a fan of something, IMO, having speculations and then finding out whether you were right or wrong.

    ReplyDelete