Monday, March 10, 2014

My Son Is Growing Up Too Fast


I remember when this picture was taken, I recall that day vividly. I feel like this picture was taken weeks ago instead of the 3 years that have actually passed. At the time this was taken, Oliver was still crawling, still eating carrots out of a jar, and still taking baths in his little plastic baby tub.


While I was at work yesterday, Stephanie sent this picture to me, of Oliver getting ready to go shopping with her. He is 3 1/2 now, but I swear he looks 15. You always hear parents claim that your kids grow up fast, or that you look up one day and they're in college, and that reality hit me like a freight train yesterday. Oliver fluently uses an iPad now, he rides a bike, he uses the bathroom on his own and knows what procrastinate means. His little sister Phoebe will be born in just under 2 months, and I'm realizing how scared I am that after the frantic paranoia that is parenting a newborn is finished, I'm going to turn around and see my son even older. 


Sometimes things feel like they're moving much too quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment