Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Turns Out I Make A Terrible President


Democracy 3 is a very unique game that I bought on Steam for 25$ and don't entirely understand yet. You get to be President of either the UK, USA, Germany, Australia or Canada, and then work as hard as you can to get re-elected. I played one campaign as President of the United States, (although Canada was tempting) and according to this intelligent game, I suck.


Try to find the Monty Pythoin reference in this picture

I wanted to remain as realistic as possible for my first try, so I picked liberal Democrat as my party, and then chose the Republicans as the group I disagreed with the most. You must make policy changes, write bills, increase or decrease funding, and make a million other decisions. Then, you sit back and see what the electorate thinks of your changes. I learned a really, really valuable lesson here, apparently, legalizing all drugs and taking guns away from all police officers has some pretty extreme consequences.


As you can see here, I began to receive threats from The Black Power movement. I am completely sympathetic to their plight, I really am, but after taking all of the guns away from police, which unbeknownst to me at the time increases crime in poor black neighborhoods considerably, I found that I was unable to reverse my decision. My fellow Americans had adapted to my radical "no guns for cops" bill, and then threatened to impeach me if I enacted a "omg I was wrong more guns for cops" bill a mere 6 months later.


The result? Black Panthers stormed the capital and assassinated me and my entire cabinet in a hail of machine gun fire. Yay Democracy!

No comments:

Post a Comment