Thursday, August 14, 2014

My First Pokemon TCGO Tournament Didn't Go So Well


The super addictive and surprisingly polished Pokemon Trading Card Game Online held the first alpha tests of it's new tournament system. Basically, the tournaments are split up into 3 groups, pre-constructed them decks, decks containing only current gen cards, and unlimited which allows absolutely anything. I signed up for unlimited, not wanting to be a huge vagina about it and I advanced to the 2nd round where I proceeded to get mercilessly torn apart.


As you can see, I beat Pizzafrank only to lose to ParsifolSA. I earned a booster pack as a "don't cry kid" prize, but I was overall impressed by the efficiency that the new update has added. The tournament was quick, I didn't wait long between matches, and there was no lag to speak of. Of course, as of right now, everything has crashed and the entire game is under maintenance, but hey, I made it to the 2nd round!!

No comments:

Post a Comment