Thursday, April 11, 2013

11 More Infinite Achievements


I am very proud of my 50/50 achievements for the original Bioshock. They added a 51st achievement months after I was done with the game, and thats bullshit, so my perfection still counts. I only got 41/68 achievements in Bioshock 2, and that was out of principle. DLC that I don't download should not have it's achievements added to the list, and multiplayer acheevies are a ploy to take my money. Now, after beating Bioshock Infinite, I am going back and playing on 1999 mode, and trying my best to mop up the 11 achievements that I missed the first time around. Here's the list of achievements I have yet to obtain.

Scavenger Hunt: Complete the game in 1999 mode without purchasing anything from a Dollar Bill vending machine.

Fuck, this one is going to be hard. The whole point of 1999 mode is tougher enemies, less money, less supplies, and now I can't purchase anything either? 

Eavesdropper: Collect every voxophone

A collection achievement, I missed two, JUST TWO without using the internet the first time through, this one is easy, I just gotta stay vigilant.

Auld Lang Syne: Beat the game on 1999 mode.

Alright.

Mind Over Matter: Kill 20 enemies using possessed machines

This one is tricky, because on normal difficulty, I possessed every single machine I encountered, and only got 10 kills using possessed machines. The problem is, they dont do enough damage, so I have to help them out by shooting their targets, hoping to deplete the enemy's health but not killing them. Pain in the ass.

Strange bedfellows: Kill 20 enemies using allies brought through a tear

Same problem as mind over matter, except less opportunities to try.

Bolt from the blue: Kill 5 enemies with a headshot while riding a skyline

Before you CoD fruitcakes start guffawing at me, there is no aim-assist in this game, and you have to nail this shot while flying around on a rail. It's difficult.

Skeet Shoot: Kill 5 enemies while they are falling

Pure luck. Im keeping a machine gun in the 2nd slot until I get this one. I hate falling enemies achievements, because they are so hard to unlock on purpose. In Resident Evil 5, it is the one single achievement that Im missing.



Lost weekend: Kill 5 enemies while you are drunk

I simply didnt remember to try this one, but I think I know of a good spot to do it, I just gotta get around halfway in the game.

Heartbreaker: Kill a handyman by only shooting his heart

I hear theres an exploit for this, and some kinda glitch, but Im not going to go that route. Im going to man up, get a magnum, and jump on and off rooftops because he cant touch me when I do that. 

Sightseer: Use all the telescopes and kinetoscopes in the game

Again, just like the voxophone achievement, I missed this one by two.

Stone cold pinkerton: Beat the game on hard or above

Okay, I should get this upon completion of 1999 mode, since it is harder than hard.

Its not a crazy hard list, but it will cause some frustration, piled onto the fact that 1999 mode just by itself is so hard.



No comments:

Post a Comment