Wednesday, September 18, 2013

The Block Is Hot


Above is a picture I took with my iphone of the house next door to mine. It burned down yesterday. I woke up to a firefighter pounding on my door, and I sat on the lawn with Oliver for an hour, answering frantic questions and watching the spectacle in disbelief.



Nobody died, only a couple minor injuries reported, but there are four apartment units in that house, leaving four families homeless. My pictures don't show it, but there were 14 fire trucks at the scene, and a fire station was right across the street. 


Click that link if you want, but this is more than just a recap of a tragedy next door, it's also the reason I didn't post yesterday. They shut my utilities off until the fire was completely defeated. Insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment