Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pokemon Y: Hour One


Pokemon Y arrived in the mail yesterday, and although I haven't had much time with it, I am in love with what I've seen so far. True, it isn't actually in 3D, which was kind of what we were lead to believe, but you can run diagonal! I guess you could also complain a little about how similar to every other title it is, with the same three type choices to start, the same mix of Bidoof/Pidgey/Normal Type/Bird Type in the first grass patch, and another starter tutorial forest to yawn through. However, there is one improvement that makes all of these little disappointments totally okay, YOU GAIN EXPERIENCE EVEN WHEN YOU CAPTURE A POKEMON. You read that right, it's like Nintendo wanted to reward us trainers with the sweetest gift of all, exp.


Pikachu is in the bore-forest, and is pretty hard to find. All of the npc's swear he's in there though, so keep looking. Pikachu is a good addition to a starting team, but what the fuck is this Play Nice bullshit? Where's my Quick Attack?



I picked Fennekin, but only because I really couldn't decide and I let Steph pick. I also got a special Torchick with mystery gift so I have DOUBLE FIRE. What could go wrong?



I'm having a great time, but I will admit that it isn't exactly what they promised. A lot of new improvements are there though, and before you get too mad, just remember, Pokemon used to look like this. Remember?

1 comment:

  1. You're really underselling the majesty of roller skates.

    ReplyDelete