Monday, October 14, 2013

Something I Noticed...


Pokemon X/Y is finally out, which means the old generation really is over. It's change we need and have been demanding for years, but I do feel a little sadness as we roll into the new Pokemon era. With this nostalgia in mind, I watched three episodes of the good ol' Pokemon show today, and I noticed something dark. All three episodes I watched, had a scene where Ash gets a loaded gun pointed at him.


I have been arguing for a long time that Ash has shitty parents. His father was mentioned once and never again, and his mother seems perfectly content with letting him continent hop alone, even surviving Team Rocket's murder attempt every day. How would you react to your 13 year old being held up by 4 rifle toting adults? Ash's mother shrugs her shoulders, says something about Gary being steps ahead, then goes back to the moscato.


Ash makes a lot of dumb choices, (Butterfree for a Raticate?) but keep things in perspective. He has a 6th grade education and has had hundreds of near death experiences due to a fatal lack of parenting. 


No comments:

Post a Comment