Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Finishing Out The Year


It has been a great year in gaming, and now that The Last of Us is all done, I'm going to close out 2013 with it's two final big releases. (At least in my book). I won't be playing the new Call of Duty, it's time for me to just concede that the Duty movement just isn't for me. I will play Arkham Origins and finish Pokemon Y though, which are big deals in my little world, but I'm also playing Uncharted 3, which I missed the first time around. Just like 1 and 2, I love it so far, even if the game still refuses to admit that Nathan Drake has a superpower. You know, the invulnerability. 


I'm about 7 hours into Arkham Origins, and I keep drowning in disappointment, then resurfacing impressed. It feels like an expansion pack sometimes, as I run around collecting Riddler clues in the same exact environments as Arkham City. On the same fucking rooftops! And then you unlock the Shock Gloves and giggle as the monotonous fights get a little easier to bear. I'll do a full review when I finish.


And this is a new trainer that you can battle in the middle of a dark swamp in Pokemon Y. Go to route 14 and see for yourself, seriously. Do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment