Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Pokemon Y Update: Psychic Gym and The Bad Guy


I finally got through the mega lame Frost Cavern and arrived in Anistar City. I entered the Psychic Gym and fought this cougar, Olympia in one hell of a fun gym battle. The game got a little tedious with the last two city leaders, but this Psychic gym was traditional, fun, and difficult.



I kept the 3D on for the Psychic gym, because it looked really cool. It was sadly straightforward though, which just made me daydream about those classic Sabrina gyms, with the tricky teleports. However, Olympia's pokemon are tough, and my Gengar died early, causing a slight panic.


Upon leaving the gym, the story becomes unexpectedly upbeat, and you get the official notice that Lysandre is a bad guy. I'm sure none of us saw it coming.


Mega Gengar is the shit though, and now with Blastoise and Blaziken, he has joined my other mega ring users. I need a Mareep really bad.


Pokemon Y just got interesting again, even if just a little. Lysandre Labs is a cool dungeon, with a throwback arrow tile system that sends you spinning all over the place. It's fun, but I'm starting to suspect that the plot won't be living up to the hype.



No comments:

Post a Comment