Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Oliver's room

Oliver is almost two and a half now, and his room will soon be changing themes. So, before we change his bedroom from Ninjatown to almost surely an automobile theme, (Ollie is obsessed with all things transportation these days), I just wanted to pay a little tribute to his fuck-awesome ninja room.

Ninjatown is a tower defense game for the DS that Stephanie is particularly fond of. We even met the creator Shawn Smith at a hipster Chicago art festival where he was running his Shawnimals store. The art that Steph made for Oliver means a lot to us, and I think I want to hang the big piece in my cave after we make the switch.


















Stephanie painted all of these while she was very pregnant, during our scramble to finish a nursery in time for Oliver's arrival. I love her art, and when it mixes with anything geeky I fall in love. Maybe we can sneak a little nerd into his current and hopefully short-lived automobile craze, I vote for a Transformers theme. From the late 80's up until Beast Wars of course, not this new Shia bullshit.







She even made little tiny pictures to put on a little tiny easel

No comments:

Post a Comment