Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Three Of My Favorite Video Game Commercials







The commercial for Bomberman 64 is one I remember fondly, and not just because it is done to the old Spiderman theme, but also because I remember getting so excited for this game, and then it turned out to be a complete pile of shit.


This is the first commercial for the original Super Smash Bros. The day after I saw this, my elementary school was absolutely buzzing about it. Who would get a copy first? What was this 4th suit that Link is in? Is it the white suit from the NES game? If so, can I be it when we all play 4 player? This game was revolutionary, and the commercial makes me smile.


I was really, really little when this commercial was around, but that doesn't mean that I don't remember it. Darth Vader invades some suburban white family's house and demands to see where the kids are. (The kids who are currently kicking his ass on Nintendo upstairs). The mother puts herself between Darth Vader and her son's bedroom door, and just before he chokes her to death and kills the kids, the teens vanquish him. Spectacular.


No comments:

Post a Comment