Monday, December 9, 2013

Oliver's 3rd Birthday


We filled his room with balloons overnight

I've never really liked birthday parties. I don't really have a reason, but they always seem to feel forced. I think birthdays should simply be a do-whatever-you-want day. Oliver got the breakfast he wanted, eggs, bacon, sausage and pop tarts. He got to do whatever he wanted all morning, he decided to dump his toy box out and pretend to swim in Hot Wheels. He got to drink M&M's out of a plastic candy cane then run windsprints up and down the hallway. For naptime, he decided to sleep on the couch watching My Little Ponies. His friends will arrive at 4 for his party, and there will be presents, cake, the traditional stuff. But until then, he gets what I think is the better present: absolute freedom.


No comments:

Post a Comment