Monday, December 23, 2013

Oliver's Christmas


This is going to be Oliver's last Christmas as an only child, so Stephanie and I wanted to make it extra special for him this year. He wrote Santa a list (his first Christmas list!) and we took it to Toys R Us.

-Red bike
-roller skates
-My Little Ponies toys
-cars
-marbles
-fruit popper
-specific train set
-robot dog

With this very unique list of items, Stephanie and I stalked the not-as-busy-as-we-thought toy store, throwing cool shit in our cart. It was a lot of fun, and something I'm definitely looking forward to doing every year. Parents have just as much fun as the kids do, planning and wrapping, trying to make the best day they can for their kids. Oliver is getting everything on his list, except for that fucking fruit popper, and even more presents that he didn't even know he wanted. 


I got to put his new bike together, and I'm going to slap a big bow on it and hide it behind the tree. I got to shop for Christmas toys with a large budget that I didn't have to stress over. I get to read Santa Claus books, and watch Frosty the Snowman with a 3 year old who adores Christmas. I get to be a parent with someone who demands we not buy each other presents, but instead focus on our son, because she really understands what's important. Christmas is going to be a blast this year, and I just know that an hour after presents are opened, when Oliver is playing ponies and Steph is preg-napping, I'm going to relax and enjoy the quiet house with happy people in it. Stephanie and Oliver are my Christmas presents, and the two of them give me this feeling that I am really, really lucky, especially this time of year.


No comments:

Post a Comment