Monday, September 15, 2014

The Rundown



Dwayne The Rock Johnson is a hero of mine (he ranks below Shatner but above Kel Mitchell), so when he decided to stop wrestling and pursue his acting career, I vowed to support him. Beginning with The Scorpion King, I have to date seen every single Rock movie. None of the people that I get to see personally every day seem to care about The Rock's acting career like I do, so I decided to satisfy my need to rant about DTRJ here in a series of reviews of his films. Let's start with The Rundown.


The Rundown is by far my favorite Rock movie, despite it being only his 2nd film ever. While not as violent or gory as some of the other wrestler-turned-action-star movies, The Rundown has awesome fight scenes. There's a fight with an entire college football team in a hip night club that involves The Rock sliding a bus tray under a fat guy's foot so that he will do the splits, and later there is a fight with a hispanic midget with a whip. Also, The Rundown has the triumphant return of beloved character actor Ernie Reyes Jr.! In The Rundown, Ernie plays a pit fighting South American leader of a rebel militia, but you may remember him as.....


The Korean pizza boy from Secret of The Ooze!!! Added to the delightful turtle nostalgia, The Rundown also has in my opinion the best Christopher Walken scene ever. I started my streak of Rock movies with the best one, which was great at the time, but of course it could only go downhill from there.




The Rundown also has a sweet Schwarzenegger cameo.

No comments:

Post a Comment