Friday, September 12, 2014

Wild & Crazy Kids


I'm 27 now, and I've started noticing all of the more successful people younger than myself. I was reading an article this morning about an accomplished NASA scientist who was just 25 and I immediately thought, "It must be because he doesn't spend his days off binge-watching hours and hours of Wild & Crazy Kids."

Phoebe had a doctor's appointment Wednesday afternoon where she received two shots. Her pediatrician said that she would probably sleep that night and most of the next day too because of the medicine. Yesterday, I was left alone in the house with a sleeping baby for 8 hours and instead of studying astrophysics or building rockets like successful twenty-somethings, I drained a bowl and sat down to an uninterrupted 4 HOURS OF WILD & CRAZY KIDS. I had a great time and this man here has a playlist of every single episode in order, but why? Why is this something I desire? How come whenever I am presented with a significant amount of free time I immediately run to early 90's Nickelodeon youth-centered game shows? Somewhere deep inside this puzzle lies a great atheist statement, perhaps it is further evidence of the absence of God due to the pointlessness of my life experience. Why would that God guy make me if I'm just going to watch a young Omar Gooding's career with all of my spare time? Perhaps that is my purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment