Wednesday, January 22, 2014

I love the snow


That's a picture of Jefferson Park in 1999, the Chicago neighborhood that I lived in when the 99 blizzard hit. Growing up in that city, I developed a deep love of snow and cold, a love that has re-flourished here in Philadelphia as we dig out of the accumulated 13 inches we received over the past couple days. In fact Philly right now feels a lot like those Chicago winters of my childhood, (except with waaaayyyy more bitching from those local residents) and the 3 of us have spent these couple snow days indoors, re-arranging furniture and playing video games.


Maybe I love the cold so much because it forces you to remain indoors, where the video games are. I've been playing Sleeping Dogs, Oliver has been playing with his iPad toddler games and Stephanie has the new Fables Telltale game to keep her occupied. Im excited about snow, and I'm excited about raising gamer kids to make the most out of snow days in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment