Monday, January 27, 2014

The quest for a decent iPhone RPG continues


I'm not one of those gamers who looks down on the iPhone's gaming industry, in fact, I hold out hope that we will soon start receiving stellar iGames that aren't exclusively puzzle or tower defense. If the Gameboy color can release one of the greatest strategy RPG's ever made, then surely the iPhone can deliver an RPG that is worth my time. So I downloaded Dawn of Magic, an RPG that looks pretty good and might actually have some depth.


So I rolled my eyes through the story (you've read through all of this text before in a million other RPG's from the 90's), battled a bunch of spiders, leveled up 5 times before reaching the first city. This asshole (above) challenged me to a fight as soon as I walked in. Turns out he's a mini-boss not to be attempted until the endgame, but no warning was given to me, so I lost. Just a minor inconvenience right? Well, I got a game over screen and had to completely restart the game from the beginning. I won't be playing Dawn of Magic anymore, and the quest for a decent iPhone RPG continues..

No comments:

Post a Comment