Friday, January 17, 2014

Walking Dead Season 2: Episode 1


Telltale's 2nd season of their amazing Walking Dead point and click adventure game came out recently, and now that I am done with Black Flag, I finally had some time to sit down with it. You play as Clementine this time around, directing her actions as she tries to survive in this zombie world alone. I finished episode 1, and if you take a look at my decision list that they provide at the end of every episode, one fact is very clear, what I did to that dog was so fucked up. Only 13% of other players made the same dog decision that I did, and while I won't give any spoilers, I knew it was pretty horrific when I did it.


This episode was a great start, all of the same mechanics are there, same great writing, and split second decisions that you know will affect absolutely everything. There are already 2 major choices that I wish I could re-make, but I will not replay any chapter. I urge you as well to stick to every decision you make in this game regardless of consequences instead of starting over, because thats kinda what the entire experience is about. Make choices, witness the fallout from said choices, then figure out the next best move to survive. 


I'm so happy this series is back! 

No comments:

Post a Comment