Monday, August 26, 2013

Ben Affleck is the new Batman


I am not a fan of this, and I don't think anyone really is, but before we start slitting our wrists, why don't we try to figure out just why there has never been a great Batman portrayal? We all have our favorites, but none of them really did justice to the Batman character. Keaton was a good Batman, but a terrible Bruce Wayne, Clooney was the exact opposite, and Kilmer was middle of the road. Bale did a great job rebooting Batman for a new generation, but in my opinion, he just isn't Batman. Why is it so hard to play this guy?


This isn't true for all superheroes. Superman had a perfect portrayal, Christopher Reeves, who completely transformed himself into an exact replica of the comic book hero. Patrick Stewart is a spectacular Professor X, and as much as I hate Iron Man, Downey IS Tony Stark. We have gone through 6+ actors who have played the role of Batman, and none of them have done it justice. So I agree with all of you, Affleck is going to suck intense ass, but look at it from the studio's point of view, we can't get it right, even when we cast people who seem to have the best chance, so why not try a wild card? Worst case scenario? He pisses off 100 million nerds at once, and trust me, DC can live with that.


Mikey, you sir, have always been my favorite. The world needs you. America needs you. Gotham City needs you. I need you.

1 comment:

  1. Tho Keaton might have been the best batman...I feel as if Bale was the best balance between batman and Bruce Wayne... He was the best Wayne in my opinion and the second best batman which puts him on the top of my list overall

    ReplyDelete