Thursday, August 22, 2013

Dishonored Review


Let me paint a vivid picture for you, it's midnight, Stephanie went to bed early, and Oliver is snoring, (exhausted from a day of manipulating his father's blood pressure) and the thunderstorm outside is getting nasty. I have brewed a fresh pot of coffee, sitting in the dark, navigating Dunwall Tower. Do you see this man in the picture above? Well, he is the regent, the ruler of Dunwall, and he attained that title by murdering the empress and framing me for it. ME! He knows I'm alive, that I escaped prison, and I have been picking off his little friends, one by one. I kidnapped his royal scientist, and threw him in a dog kennel back at my HQ. I snuck into his mistress's bedroom, punched her out, then handed her unconscious body to some lunatic in a mask, who took off with her in a boat, never to be seen again. He has these two nobles who fund all of his ruthless and inhumane laws, the Pendleton brothers, I broke into their brothel, cut their tongues out of their mouths, and sold them as slaves to their own mining company. I infiltrated the church where his biggest supporter lives, the High Overseer himself, tied that fucker to a chair, and branded the mark of the apostate into his old face flesh. Yeah, this asshole knows I'm alive, and he knows that he's next.


But holy crap this tower is big. I creep around, trying to stay up in the rafters as opposed to the ducts, but there are just too many guards. I picked out a bathroom next to the torturer's room (I possessed the torturer's dog, and then ate him. Classic.) where I have been stashing all of the bodies that I've had to knock out. This tower seems endless, and each floor just brings more and more guards with better equipment than the last group. I even had to knock out this stupid maid who started screaming because I emerged from the fireplace I've been hiding inside of. I heard you mumbling to yourself miss, how they make you undress and stuff, so if they are raping you, then how about you keep your mouth shut so I can fix this? Why are you ratting me out? I put a sleeping dart in her jugular. I'm getting frustrated, I walk into a room with a huge dining room table, slit the throat of the masked asshole patrolling, and....there he is...the regent, just chilling in his Matrix-white bedroom. I sneak up behind him, and put him in the crippler crossface. He's passed out on the floor, as I search the room for the most twisted way I can get my revenge on his pasty body. The fire poker is a good start.


Oh wait, what's this? Next to this beaten old man's body is a safe. Inside, is a tape of him confessing to administering the plague that a third of his people are dying from, just to achieve the office of regent. This is where I have to stay my hand and not kill. I let him sleep, then broadcast his confession over the radio to the entire city. I got my kills, the public can enjoy the big one. The guards haul him away, beating him mercilessly, as I possess a rat and run through the sewers to Samuel who has the boat ready. Ready to take me back to the pub that my group, The Loyalists work out of. The place where we conspire to bring justice to our beaten city, and restore the empress's daughter to the throne. I arrive and we all drink, and as we party, I pass out. Poison. I've been bamboozled!!


So....yeah, I beat Dishonored, and I loved it. Way better than I thought it would be. The stealth is great, the powers are unique, and there's this party with some of the most disturbing noble masquerade masks I have ever seen. Fuck...it's 4am..


No comments:

Post a Comment