Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Fantasy football and the best video game line ever



This is my 5th consecutive year playing fantasy football, and just like every year, I feel really good about my chances. The problem is, I've never won, and my team has only been in the playoffs once, where I was thrashed immediately. My very first year playing, when I worked at Whole Foods and joined a league with all of the dock workers and a couple grease delivery men, my team, The Gluten Allergies, went an impressive 8-5, which I was very proud of for a first try. The next year, at the Grand Lux, my Asian Nachos went an embarrassing 3-10, followed by an ungodly 2-11 the following year for my Multiple Scorgasms. Last year was heartbreaking, as I missed the playoffs my first year in Pennsylvania, with my new team, The Old Timey English Mustaches. This year will be different, I have another new team, (I will continue to change team names until I win with one), The Geraldo Riveras, who had a really good draft last night. I stuck to my guns, drafting two RBs immediately, followed by three WRs. Everyone snickered at me because I waited until the 6th round to draft a QB, but I really feel like I made the right decision. Here's how it turned out.

The 2013 Geraldo Riveras

-Jamaal Charles
-Matt Forte
-Victor Cruz
-Wes Welker
-Pierre Garcon
-Tony Romo
-Kyle Randolph
-Eli Manning
-Bears D
-Danny Woodhead
-Brandon Pettigrew
-Santana Moss
-Robbie Gould
-Jacoby Jones


Thats right, I put all of my eggs in Matt Forte's basket. Chicago will always be my home, and I got to witness first hand just how amazing this guy is, and how he receives little recognition for it. He is going to produce, and I am going to win.


And being a Cowboys fan, I just couldn't help but draft the handsomest man in football, my personal captain, Tony Romo.


Also, I was involved in a discussion about favorite NPC quotes from video games, and I just had to post my personal favorite. I peed the first time I saw it.

On a thankful note, August has been the biggest month for this blog so far, and Pokedad just keeps growing. I never thought that there would be this many people who would care about what I have to say, so seriously, thank you. Now, go love your country and watch some goddamn football. It's okay to be nerdy about it too.




2 comments:

  1. I love your team...besides Romo, he sucks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my team too, including Romo, who most certainly does not suck.

      Delete