Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Final Fantasy 1





As you know, I'm playing every Final Fantasy in a row, and I'm in FF1's Mt. Gulg right now. Over the past 9 hours of gameplay, I have been strongly and unpleasantly reminded of just how hard this game is. For instance, I forgot that the original Final Fantasy has a volcano dungeon THAT DRAINS YOUR HP AS YOU WALK AROUND. That's right, if you touch the bright red part of the floor (and it's 100% necessary that you do so) you lose HP. 


Look at this shit! I know that 8bit RPGs have no mercy inside their carts whatsoever, but this is a multilevel dungeon with no saves, no instant exits (the warp spell is still hours away), a giant rape boss at the end, and all the while sapping your HP as you walk. I farmed gil until I could afford 99 potions prior to this joke of a dungeon and I ran out on the 4th floor.



Look! FF1 had ochus!

No comments:

Post a Comment