Wednesday, April 2, 2014

I'm Going To Play Every Final Fantasy In A Row


It's something that I've wanted to do for a long time. Final Fantasy was the reason I started taking video games so seriously, and since I've ended my intimate relationship with Square-Enix, I think it's right that I re-experience the games that I've loved more than all others. There are a lot of games that have the words Final Fantasy in them, and not all should be on the list, so "every Final Fantasy in a row" really means every Sakaguchi era numbered installment and their direct spinoff. Here's the list in the order I'm going to play them,

Final Fantasy 1
Final Fantasy 2
Final Fantasy 3
Final Fantasy 4
Final Fantasy 4: The After Years
Final Fantasy 5
Final Fantasy 6
Final Fantasy 7
Dirge of Cerberus
Crisis Core
Final Fantasy 8
Final Fantasy 9
Final Fantasy 10
Final Fantasy 10-2
Final Fantasy 12
Final Fantasy 12: Revenant Wings
Final Fantasy 13
Final Fantasy 13-2
Lightning Returns




I'm adding 13 and it's spinoffs to the list because I've only played the first for a few hours and I've been told that the series gets better. I'm always playing two games at once, usually the 2nd being an old game that I'm familiar with on the back burner. My back burner is going to be filled with only Final Fantasy content for quite a while, but I'm excited about it, I really miss these games. 


I will be starting this afternoon with the original Final Fantasy. I'll use my old PSX copy of FF Origins, since it'll also be the disc I use for #2. I've never heard of anyone trying this before, so I'm off to make history. 

No comments:

Post a Comment